Healthcare Campaign and Support
$0 of $10,000 raised
Notice: Test mode is enabled. While in test mode no live donations are processed.
3.1. Hepatitis B Awareness, Screening, and Support “Over 2 billion people (or 1 in 3) have been infected and about 300 million people are living with a Chronic Hepatitis B infection. Each year, up to 1 million people die from Hepatitis B even though it is preventable and treatable” – Hepatitis B Foundation. Our Strategic Focus Community Vision Group is determined to counter this silent public health challenge via awareness-raising campaigns and the provision of care and support. The Hepatitis B Campaign is a movement initiated in Cameroon and Malawi by the Community Vision Group as one of its strategic objectives is to support towards education and awareness raising on viral Hepatitis B. Starting January 2021, this initiative has a mission to prevent liver cancer caused by Hepatitis B. As a volunteer movement, we envisage a community where people have a protected and healthy liver. Our activities include:
- Outreach initiatives
- Educational campaigns
- Support towards rapid screening
- Care and support (advisory) for Hep B patients
- Conducting routine eye screening tests of all pupils and students in their schools for detection of uncorrected refractive error
- Carrying out eye health assessments on each child using the pen torch. Simple eye conditions (allergic and bacteria conjunctivitis) are treated on the spot and
- capacity building for child eye care, especially for teachers.