Module 3: Leadership, Communication and Team Building Skills
This module examines the theory and practice of group work and community leadership. It considers group dynamics, communication in groups, effective group processes, conflict management and practical facilitation skills. It also outlines theories on leadership and how community leadership can be developed and supported.
- Plot the stages of group development and the behaviour associated with each stage
- Explain the role of a facilitator
- Explain what is meant by group cohesion and what makes a group attractive or unattractive to members
- Explain what is meant by community leadership and give examples of community leadership
- Identify ways in which community leadership can be encouraged and nurtured